Audio Systems/protect mode

How do I fix it

Protect mode is usually a sign of something that has caused the power supply to deliver too much power thus tripping the current detection inside the power supply.  It can be the power supply itself or any of the sections of the instrument.  In audio products, for example, the audio power output stage is often the culprit.  In television systems it can be the high voltage system, the convergence circuit or the vertical deflection systems.  

It normally requires troubleshooting and many of the more sophisticated products may have an error code associated with it to show what area is most likely.

However, in some instances a power line surge or electrical storm can cause the protect mode to get excited.  In these cases it will usually reset by turning off the set, unplugging the power cord for a while.

If you need more I will need to know the make and model of the product you are talking about.

Good Luck.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers