Audio Systems/transferring music from computer to tape

QUESTION: I know how to copy music from a cassette tape to a computer but is there any to do the opposite and copy a piece of music from the computer to the cassette tape?

ANSWER: Your computer must have an analog output for feeding into the cassette tape recorder. (Using conventional audio cables for right and left channel using RCA connectors).

If your computer does not have audio board or rca line out you must add it.

Does that answer your question? If not, send a follow up question for clarification.

Hope this helps.

QUESTION: I assume the sound in a computer is digital?  How do I make it analog?

Yes, computers process the audio in digital form, of course.  That is why you need an audio board added if you don't have it already built into the PC.   Many desktops have this feature included in it but laptops are more rare.  With smartphones and tablets they often have headphone outputs that can be used.

An audio board for pc is not so expensive.

Of if you have a USB connector on your pc you can use something like this:

Good Luck,

have fun  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers