Audio Systems/2002 Ram 1500 Audio

Question
I'm installing a Alpine CDA9855 in my truck. The unit powers up fine and I have all functions and control but no sound at any of the speakers.
I tested the output directly from the unit to one of the speakers with a test wire and it works fine.
I've read that their is a "Factory Amplifier" installed and I see a fuse for it in the fuse box and it is good.
Where is this Amplifier and is their a way to test or reset it?
I also tested continuity between the speakers and the wires at the audio plug and do not have continuity.

Answer
Hi Rob.
The amp is mounted behind the dash above the glove box with three 10mm bolts.
You will need to remove the dash radio bezel and ash tray to get at this.  Expect about 1 hour if all goes well just to get at the amp.
Testing it yourself it is unlikely (if you had to ask). :/
I do not know if there is any type of reset button on it but experience tells me that there is not a reset function.

You could just hook the speaker wires (at the amp outputs) on up to the input speaker wires (by-passing the Infinity amp) since the Alpine has 18 watts x4 to use.
Just be sure to observe proper polarity then cap off any power wires and remove the amp fuse.
***If you are NOT comfy doing these mods hire a professional to do it for you as NO ONE WANTS THEIR VEHICLE BURNED TO THE GROUND AND I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IF YOU DO BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

If you want to retain use of the amplifier I would contact Crutchfield anytime you want advice on retaining factory options.
1.800.555.7088

JM  

Audio Systems

Jerry Mael