Audio Systems/repair amplifire


hi, i want to repair my 5.1 surrounding amplifire, IC and REGULATORS are burnt i want to change them but there is no detail i found on IC and REGULATORS. they are ereased how to identify or find detail of them.

Without the part number  of the burnt items you cannot proceed.

There are two strategies I suggest for a solution:

ONE: Obtain the service manual. You'll need the model number and willing to spend a few dollars for the manual.  They can be found online and most of the vendors will send it electronically in pdf format.  Sometimes you can find just parts list from places like or others that you can google for.

TWO: On eBay or CL you can often find a used model exactly as your for which you can take the parts out and use them in your set.  Often such salvage models are available for only a few dollars.

Wishing you the best.  

Audio Systems

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.


Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications


Past/Present Clients
Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers

©2017 All rights reserved.