Audio Systems/Wireless speakers

Question
Hello,

I need to know the best way to hook up no more then 6 wireless speakers and run them off a tablet and or phone via blue tooth.  This set up will go in one of our restaurants.  The speakers will be at the farthest 50 feet apart. Quality of sound needs to be middle of the road.  Please Advise.

Answer
Hi Neil,

Sadly, you can only run one bluetooth speaker per phone or tablet. Bluetooth also only has a dependable range of about 15'-25' (32' Max).
Bluetooth is 1 device to 1 speaker.
However, wifi is 1 device to  many speakers.
I have no idea what your budget is but there are very viable WiFi solutions available.
This link will give you an idea of one perfect solution:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cart/default.aspx?wm=tn1
This is a full system that can run up to 16 speakers at up to 100' apart. Each speaker will relay the sound so the location of the BOOST module is only relative to the mobile device.
It would also allow very custom settings per speaker.
For example:  Different volumes per speaker or you could even use multiple tablets to have different tunes playing on each (or more) speakers.
All prices are per unit (except for these mounts which are 50.00 for two):
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_735PMT90W/Definitive-Technology-ProMount-90-White.h

Speakers are 199.00 each
The BOOST is 100.00 (this will be the WiFi hub that your device will hook to via WiFi.
The mounts are up to you but please note what I said about the Definitive-Technology-ProMounts @ 2 each for 50.00:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_616PLAY1W/Sonos-PLAY-1-White.html
Figure about 1500.00 for this setup depending on the mounts.

This system is so flexible that I cannot cover it in text and be really concise at the same time.
If you would like to discuss this setup I would highly suggest calling Crutchfield at 1.888.955.6000 and ask to speak to Norm . He has installed many of these and is a top notch support person. If you do call them please tell them that Jerry from AllExperts sent you.
You can call them until midnight (East Coast) on weekdays.

Good luck, thank you for the fine question and thanks for choosing AllExperts.com
Jerry Mael  

Audio Systems

Jerry Mael