Audio Systems/amp for bose speakers

Question
Hi, I have 3 pairs of bose 101, indoor-outdoor, 4 ohm speakers,  that I was running on my patio and garage until my receiver/amplifier fried.  Can you recommend an kind of amp (s) that will adequately run these speakers concurrently without fear of harming the amp?  thank you!

Answer
Bose has so many 'environmental' speakers; and they are all different spec wise.  Assuming, then, that they are conventional 4 ohm voice coil and do not have any special electronics inside, you can drive them with any amplifier that is rated for 4 ohm or higher impedance.

There are many, many amplifiers to choose from.  However, if you are using them outside and the amp will be outside as well you must choose one suited for outdoor environments.

You should worry more about the amp doing damage to the speakers rather than damage to the amp!

Just make certain the amp is rated for 4 ohm load impedance.  Many indoor amplifiers are rated for 8 ohm loads and up so they would not be suitable.  And, you cannot parallel the pairs.  If you drove two speakers in parallel off the output of the amp that would be a load impedance of 2 ohms and would not be a smart thing to do.....

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan