Audio Systems/2004 montana

Question
Hi Ernesto. I have a 2004 Montana, non Onstar with rear DVD, which I never use. I have found by running a 1/8 inch out of my iphone into the video rca port at the bottom of my dash for a few moments causes the HU to flash track 99, I then remove the rca from the video line  and stick it into the other audio channel and hit auxiliary and my stereo now has an aux in. I use a BBE app, a circuit Alpine once used in it's head units and it makes the music sparkle. I have an itch to upgrade, and am aware of JL's clean sweep unit, and could see how it would benefit Bose units, but I am told my non Bose cd player is quite flat anyway and I would just need a quality line output, maybe one with a dedicated aux input so the I wouldn't have to run through the DVD player, unless you think that is an acceptable way to run. I have considered an old school used Alpine BBE 60watt vpower head unit, a feature I love, (Nice ones are available on ebay, some new old stock) but given I have BBE's Sonic Max app, that might be redundant and assume there are reliable interfaces to retain factory chimes etc, which I'd pair with JL 3 way components. Do I need the clean sweep? Or are quality line out systems retaining me head unit, coupled with a good amp, a reasonable option? Thanks Steve

Answer
the clean sweep? will be a waste of money in your vehicle,it will be best to replace the radio
or buy 2 good interfaces that work with the factory radio

this is the hi low interface, comes with harness made for your stereo, rca jacks and remote turn on for external amplifiers

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-270-add-an-amplifier-to-gm-stereo-4-channels-w-rem

auxiliary audio input adapter, DVD needs to be unplug

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-22-oldsmobile-pontiac-auxiliary-input-gm12-aux.asp

Audio Systems

Ernesto R