Audio Systems/How to connect ZONE2

Dear Clegg,

I've just bought Denon X2000. It supports 2 zones. On Denon I have output R+L (look at the picture), while I have on my terrace 2 speakers. How to connect them to Denon? Thank you in advance.

I think there are two ways to do it.  

ONE:  You need extra amp to feed the terrace speakers. They audio comes from the zone2 outputs and use rca cables to connect to the input of the terrace stereo speakers.

TWO:  The seven amplifiers can be used for 5.1 system of the main room; zone1 and the other two internal amplifiers are used to feed zone2.  They are connected to the speaker terminals on the back designated and you must study the settings in your manual to find the settings for internal configuration for this.

You can download the manual from the Internet if you don't have it in your possession.

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers