Audio Systems/Wireless speakers

I have a vizio jv50" plasma tv with wireless speaker system. I wish to use the speaker system with my ipad to listen to music without turning on the tv. The subwoofer has the wifi and the amp to drive the speakers. It has a pairing button to connect to the tv. Since it operates on the 5.8 ghz range can I get an AV transmitter to pair with the system or is there another way to transmit to this. Or could I hard wire an input into the amp somewhere?

If your speaker system is bluetooth enabled, then you can pair the iPad directly to it. If not, there are small bluetooth receivers readily available on Amazon. The one I use on my old receiver is this one:

There are lots to choose from, but this just happens to be the one I picked up (there was a sale when I bought it).

If there are any auxiliary audio inputs, you could easily just run a cable.

Wayne - BJC

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia

Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.

I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.

Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel