Audio Systems/wiring ?

QUESTION: How do you wire a 3.5 mm to VGA to solder connections internally?

ANSWER: What is your application?  What devices are you trying to connect?

QUESTION: Trying to make this specific VGA to 3.5  mm cord from wires i already have by splicing and soldering to a Panasonic LCD screen/DVD player to apple dvi/VGA adapter port.

Hello again...

That's not going to work. The screen/monitor you're using is looking for a composite video signal, which is not directly compatible with a dvi/VGA signal.
You will need to get a converting adapter from Apple ( the mini DVI/ composite video adapter). These have an internal circuit that converts the signal.

There is no direct way of wiring this to make it work properly. VGA requires at least 6 conductors/pins to transmit its signal. Even with a 3.5 TRRS plug, you're still short 2 contact points... And this is in addition to the non-compatible signal types of the 2 devices.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia

Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.

I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.

Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel