Audio Systems/1987 mr2 subs?

Hello, I am currently thinking about putting subs in a Toyota 1987 mr2 but alas they have no trunk space because the engine is in the back. I was wondering if putting subs in the front trunk would sound good or like complete crap. Please get back to me at  or  

Small cars like that are hard to sub due to the space.

But the laws of acoustic physics is on your side because at low frequencies, the range where subs are designed to operate, the sound propagation is uni-directional.  Which means that you can place the subs where ever you can fit them in.  The Bazooka subs would work well there if you can put them up front or behind the seats.

They come in various sizes and formats but are easy to install and locate.

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers