Audio Systems/CD player that will read and play CD-Rs

Question
Greetings from Salt Lake City - I have a NAD and a Cambridge CD player both of which have trouble reading and playing the CD-Rs that are commonly sold retail by Amazon, CD Universe , etc. Also, the CD-Rs that are manufactured "on demand" by Amazon.  I am looking at the TEAC CD-H750 or the TASCAM 200 to augment my system but I am having difficulty receiving definite confirm that it will play the CD-Rs I mentioned above - Most FRUSTRATING - can you help me?  PLEASE~~

Answer
The owners manual for the TEAC says it may not playback CD-R/RW discs.  I presume therefore, that it will play other formats.

If the NAD and Cambridge are more than a couple of years old it may be the reason they are not playing the CD-Rs is the laser diode is getting weak making tracking very poor.

If you decide to purchase the TEAC I urge you to buy it from a local dealer that will accept a return if it fails to meet your objective.  That way you can switch over to another model.

The Tascam 200 says in the specifications for the A model is compatible with CD-R and CD-RW formats.  So same suggestion is to purchase from a retailer that will accept returns if the player does not meet your requirements.

Hope this will help you decide.

PS: I think Overstock.com is in SLC and maybe they carry a model that would meet your requirements.  And, of course there are BestBuy stores all over the state of Utah.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan