Audio Systems/Subwoofer bridging

Question
If i have two sub-woofers (dual voice coil) wired at 2 ohms, is there a certain type of gauge wire I would need to bridge them together for my mono amp?

Answer
For subwoofer it is always a good idea to use substantial wires for connecting.  But, it mostly depends on the distance of the wire.  For short range - say under 10 feet - any strong gauge will do - such as twisted pair 16 gauge.  For longer runs up to 50 feet choose something like 10 or 12 gauge.

You can check with other web postings for speaker runs but with a sub you should choose a little bigger diameter since they carry more power of the audio spectrum.

For just the bridging wire between the coils any good stiff wire is okey because of the very shor distance.  I use electrical zip wire purchased in the local hardware store.

Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan