Audio Systems/various types of audio out.

i am running professional pa music rental company. i had lloydlee brand speakers, when i run these speaker on the audio out of dvd player or dj player it give best sound quality but when i connect these speaker on the audio out from my dell brand laptop i found weak sound quality which i dont like, so that i want you mention why this happen and also sugget solution so that i can run laptop audio out. expalin in details. thanks.

Loyd Lee is a good supplier and you should consult with them for compatibility of the speaker systems to connection with your electronic sources.

The output of CD and DVD players is a low voltage, high impedance output level and is insufficient to power a speaker system directly.  You must have an audio power amplifier in between the output of the dj player and the speaker.   Some dj players do have a power amplifier built into it but if power is not sufficient you are advised to add a stronger amplifier.

Most laptop computer have very low power output maybe sufficient only to power headphones are small desktop speakers.  Nearly always you must add amplifier to go between laptop and speaker systems.

Another solution that some dj operators use is to purchase speaker systems with builtin amplifiers; called powered speakers.  It keeps the amount of equipment to be carried around a little more convenient.

Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers