Audio Systems/various types of audio out.

Question
namaste,
i am running professional pa music rental company. i had lloydlee brand speakers, when i run these speaker on the audio out of dvd player or dj player it give best sound quality but when i connect these speaker on the audio out from my dell brand laptop i found weak sound quality which i dont like, so that i want you mention why this happen and also sugget solution so that i can run laptop audio out. expalin in details. thanks.

Answer
Loyd Lee is a good supplier and you should consult with them for compatibility of the speaker systems to connection with your electronic sources.

The output of CD and DVD players is a low voltage, high impedance output level and is insufficient to power a speaker system directly.  You must have an audio power amplifier in between the output of the dj player and the speaker.   Some dj players do have a power amplifier built into it but if power is not sufficient you are advised to add a stronger amplifier.

Most laptop computer have very low power output maybe sufficient only to power headphones are small desktop speakers.  Nearly always you must add amplifier to go between laptop and speaker systems.

Another solution that some dj operators use is to purchase speaker systems with builtin amplifiers; called powered speakers.  It keeps the amount of equipment to be carried around a little more convenient.

Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan