Audio Systems/Signal connection

Sony BDP-S790 & Kef X300a speakers. I want to play Sacds on my Sony through the Kefs which have a USB mini or 3.5m stereo input. The Sony has hdmi, optical, coaxial and rca out. I don't want to convert from digital to analogue twice. Can you help?

These speakers are sort of advanced computer monitor speakers and are not totally compatible with the stereo and surround sound world.  There are HDMI to stereo converter cables that will do the job for you but you said you didn't want to go through an analog conversion.  

I don't know if there is such a thing as HDMI audio out to USB audio in but that would be a solution.

And, another solution for you to think about is using a pc in the works where the pc is between the output of the sacd player and the speaker inputs. Have you considered that one?

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers