Audio Systems/Audio Quality Potential

Question
Which has a better audio quality potential? Hooking up an audio system from an audio interface connected to a speedy pc or to an audio interface connected to a media source/core/drive like the Meridian SOOLOOS.

Answer
Good question.  Processed audio such as that coming from  video and various downloading sources are compromised substantially as they are bandwidth limited.

Non-compressed audio is always the best because none of the audio samples have been 'thrown out' such as when compressing takes place.  

In your case it would depend, probably, on the hardware of the PC.  And, or course, it always depends on the integrity of the original source recording that you are listening to.  Badly recorded audio cannot be improved with good channel processing of it.

Most likely the best potential would be the meridian control box.  Meridian has an outstanding reputation for superb audio coding and decoding.  

That is my opinion; it's only an opinion. Scientific judgement would require test measurements and listening panels.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan