Audio Systems/12 speakers in 3 rooms how to control/power them

Question
I have recently moved into a new house.  In one room upstairs there are four speakers which are wired back to a control panel in the wall.  The down stairs has two rooms that each have 4 in ceiling speakers.  The wires from the upstairs don't go to the downstairs, so I am trying to determine what I will need to use in order to power these 12 speakers.  Am I going to need two receivers or is there another way to control the upstairs with the same or multiple audio sources?

I currently have two receivers but I was going to dedicate one to the home theater and the other I was thinking would be the driver of the in house speakers.  The home theater receiver is a Denon AVR-1613 (connected to 3.1 Polk audio system.  The other receiver is a Denon AVR-1801.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Answer
You'll need to look into a distribution amplifier that can drive that many speakers safely, such as this:
http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-12-Channel-Audio-Distribution-Amplifier/dp/B00

Unless you have the speakers wired properly, and to match the output impedance of the Denon, you could damage the receiver. This is why a distribution amp is a better choice.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia