Audio Systems/factory in dash radio

can i hook an amplifier up to the factory indash that the 2014 nissan sentra came with?

There are 3 different radios for that year Sentra:  Nisson OEM radio,  Bose radio with 4 speakers and Bose radios with 6 speakers.

If Bose, you must have it done by a car auto shop as it probably requires cutting wires or reinstalling the speakers.

If standard radio there are two possibilities:

ONE:  Splice in a Hi-Low adapter which takes signal off the speaker lines and reduces it in level to feed into another amp.

TWO:  If there is an audio output connection on the back panel of the head unit you can use it.  There may or may not be a plug that will attach to an adapter for splitting the output signals.  Try snooping around in to see if you can find a tool.

If you are still struggling please direct your question to allexpert

who has more experience with Sentras than do I.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers