Audio Systems/kenwood home audio

How do i connect kenwood stereo integrated amplifier to kenwood remote contrlled av surround processor ss-97

I could not find the manual for the ss-97 with enough detail to see the back panel.

But, I am assuming the ss-97 has 5.1 output or some variation thereof.  So, you can use it in stereo mode or if you want full surround you'll need to add more amplification to your stereo integrated amp.

There are some conversion circuits in some surround processors that have simulated stereo out but I don't know if yours does or not.  If you have the manual for it the specs will tell you what it does and doesn't do.

The best I can offer, then, is for you to study the outputs available from the ss-97 and connect the main channel outs via rca cables to the stereo aux inputs on the integrated amp.

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers