Audio Systems/Amp for subs>

Question
Looking for subs for my car, a 2003 ford explorer, found 2 12 inch Polk Audio subs in a ported box,  subs are dual voice coils, what amp?

Answer
You must find an amplifier with output impedance to match the speakers.  Most dual cone amps are intended for the coils to be in parallel which means if they are 4 ohm coils the resulting impedance would be 2 ohms.  Most better amps for vehicle installation will drive a 2 ohm load.

There are many amplifiers that will do the job.  Polk products are generally very good so you want to drive them sufficiently.  

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan