Audio Systems/hooking up the components I have

Question
I have a Peavey XR 8600d powered head, 2 non-powered Peavey SP2 PA speakers & 2 powered Mackie SRM 1850-18" powered Subs. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get these items hooked up.Can you help please?

Answer
It should be a basic hookup.  Nothing unusual at all.

The 2 non powered speakers can be connected to the mixer audio power outputs. Since the output impedance rating of the amplifiers is 4 ohms and the speakers are 8 ohms you are A OK.

(If you want to bi-amp them that is an additional strategy and I won't go into that as I assume you are going straight from the amps to the speakers directly)

The powered subs can connect directly from one of the outputs of the board to the inputs of the two subs; they have built-in crossovers so you are all set that way.

And away you go. All you need are the cables with the XLR or phone plugs to connect directly.

Sounds like you will be shaking down some walls in your hall or theatre!

Let me know if there is more to the story.

Audio Systems

Cleggsan