Audio Systems/Query

Is it safe to use single Behringer Eurolive VS1520 PA speaker(150watt)in bridge mode with Crown XLS 1500 amplifier which generates 1050Watts of power.

I don't see why not.  The speaker you have is 8 ohm impedance.  The amplifier is rated to drive a 4 ohm load in bridge mode.

HOWEVER, there is no advantage in doing so.  In order to obtain the maximum out put from the amp into the speaker it should be impedance matched.  The Crown is nominally an 8 ohm output and matches nicely with an 8 ohm speaker. If you bridge the amps and are still connected to an 8 ohm speaker the power delivered will remain the same.  

If you paralleled two Behringer speakers that would make a 4 ohm load; then connecting the the Crown in bridge would allow for full power delivery.

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers