Audio Systems/Connecting Vinyl Turntable to Bookshelf Speakers

Hi - I'm looking to connect my Audiotechnica turntable ( to these speakers which I recently purchased ( The output coming out of the turntable is male RCA cables (red/white) and the speakers have binding posts that take speaker wire or banana plugs. I have found a cable which I think could potentially connect the two (, however neither the speakers nor the turntable have a volume control, and so if I used this cable I assume I would not be able to control the volume at all? Are you aware of any converter/small receiver device which I could use to connect these two but also be able to control volume?

Appreciate any insight/help you can provide!

The turntable is very versatile and can be used with a number of alternative connections.

The speakers are not powered.

Therefore, you must have some kind of amplifier between the output cables and the speakers.

You can listen to the turntable directly to headphones with the cables that come with it.

You can find several youtubes online that give operational details of the turntable and how to connect up to speakers using an additional amplifier.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers