Audio Systems/Home amp hook up

Hi..I have two, (2) channel power amps, 1 is a hafler dh500 that I want to drive my pioneer hpm 150's then other is a hafler dh220 for my jbl 4312's and I have a hafler 110 pre is it possible to connect both amps through this pre amp for 4 channel. .speakers are not bi-amp'd..only 1 post for pos.& neg.thnxs for your time. .mike

Sure. It is easy.  If the Hafler preamp does not have two outputs you can use a cable splitter to give input to each of the amps.  Two of these will do the job:

If you wanted to get fancy and have independent control over loudness adjustments to each channel you could add this little mixer or one similar to it - you can find several online - for gain settings and adjustment:

Since the Hafler amps do not have gain adjustments on the front end and depend on the preamp for gain setting you may want to adopt the mixer idea.  ALso, the sensitivity of the speaker pairs are different; another reason for gain adjustment capability.

The Hafler amps are wonderful devices and give good sound.  You'll have a good system.

Hope this helps.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers