You are here:

Audio Systems/my sharp turn table


I would like to change the power supply from 4 prong to DC,how do I go about this

I need to know the model number of your TT as Sharp has many different models.

If the one you have is powered by a power cord out the back which plugs into the normal household 115v ac outlet then you would be best off to use a converter box which would merely convert the DC voltage to ac.

There are many types of converters (usually referred to as 'inverters') that you can google for but here are some offered by Amazon, for example:

Hope this helps.  Send me the model number if you need more detailed ideas.  

Audio Systems

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.


Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications


Past/Present Clients
Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers

©2017 All rights reserved.