Audio Systems/Turntable/Receiver/Speaker setup

Question
Hi, I am putting together a simple turntable setup in my living room and am a little confused about whether or not the components I am looking at are ok to use together.  I have an Audio Technica AT-LP60-USB turntable am looking for a receiver and some bookshelf speakers to go with it.  After doing some shopping around I would like to use a Yamaha R-S201 receiver with Micca MB42x speakers.  The problem is that the Micca speakers have a rated impedance of 4-8 ohms, and the Yahama receiver appears to be rated only for 8 ohms.  It seems like the rule of thumb is that your speakers' impedance should not be lower than the receiver, but a lot of people seem to say that it's not that cut-and-dry.  What are your thoughts on this?  Do you think that these pieces of equipment would be ok to use together?  Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Answer
I don't think you have anything to worry about. The impedance matching issues of yesterday aren't as prevalent with today's solid state circuits. If your speakers are 8, and the output range is 4 to 8, you're gold.

It generally matters a lot more with tube amps... If it says 8 ohms, never go below! Modern solid state rigs generally have a range.  

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia