Audio Systems/choosing wireless speaker

I recently bought a Nyne Bass blue tooth speaker and sound cut out (not as a result of poor wifi) They will repair or replace, but too late for my need for a family event (in a not massive living room). I am considering getting a Bose Soundlink III, A Bose SoundTouch 30 or a Harman Kardan Aura or Onyx. Most of the time I will be using the speaker at home in a small living room with Spotify premium through either an iPhone or MacBook air. Would you recommend any of these choices or some other device in this price range (let's say up to $500), with the potential of my adding some additional speakers for a party. What's important to me?
1) easy reliable connectivity via bluetooth or wifi
2) streams spotify
3) would prefer not to reconfigure wifi (but yeah I could do this)
3) quality sound
4) portability not critical
5) loud enough--or could be without a large expenditure--for a party in a medium-sized living room

Maybe I could learn this on the web, but right now I'm feeling pretty gunshy after the Nynes problem, so perhaps overthinking it/relying too heavily on negative amazon reviews(?)PC Mag reviews were not that helpful.

Thanks for considering my question. If my needs require greater expenditure, I'll understand...

Sorry, I do not do equipment recommendations.  Why?  There are too many subjective factors that you the buyer must decide.

I can comment however that I do not like Bose equipment of any kind. Why? Because Bose equipment does not follow conventional standards making their products difficult to service, hard to find parts, expensive repair and maintenance and I am not a fan of their sound quality - but that is all my personal opinion.  Others like Bose;  I don't.

When reading reviews it is best to look at as many different reviews as possible getting an averaging of opinions.  Reviewers, like myself, are often biased in things of personal taste.

Buying a product from a retailer with generous return policy and variety of brands in case you must make exchange is good idea,  I think.

Hope this helps.  Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers