Audio Systems/remotes

I bought a Optimus Stav-3000 about 35 years ago,at that time I opted-out of buying a remote at that time because money was tight at that time.My question is there anyway a remote could be added now?

I have two suggestions:

ONE:  Try ebay to see if you can find the original remote. You might find an exact model or one that was made for a similar model but uses the same remote protocol.  You might have to purchase a complete receiver with the remote; they are cheap if you can find one.  I found a similar model with remote on a quick ebay google for about $17 whole thing.

TWO:  Dollar Tree carries a remote control, yes, for $1.00.  I have used its search mode to operate several 'old' av products.  It might be worth a try.

Unfortunately, not many universal controls will work with your model due to its age but you can try other remotes.

Last thought; I have found boxes of old remotes at most thrift stores; you might get lucky and find something that will work with Radio Shack stuff.

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers