Audio Systems/Left Speaker Isn't Working Right

Question
My Cyber Acoustics CA-3550 speakers were working good, but have ran into an issue recently. The left speaker goes quiet to silent when the volume control is under 50%. There is some crackling when adjusting the volume so I thought it would be the potentiometer after some research, but cleaning it and moving it to clear debris did nothing. I have moved the cords to make sure it isn't them, and it isn't my PC because it does it from other sources as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Answer
This sounds like a bad voice coil in the left speaker.  It sometimes occurs as you explained the voice coil connection inside the speaker element itself is intermittent and it takes a higher voltage to activate it; that's why turning up the volume causes it to click on.

You will probably need to replace the left speaker; they can be repaired but it is likely to cost more than to replace it.  Try eBay or Craigslist or something like that to find a used on that goes with your Cyber Acoustics CA-3550 set.

Hope you get it going. Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan