Audio Systems/Car audio

I have two Memphis 1500 RMS amplifiers and 4 12 inch Kicker Comp R series subwoofers what is the best way to install them to get the biggest bang I'm using a ported box going through the rear decklid and went with the minimum 1.75 cubic on the box per speaker the interior of the Box is open and just 2 ports going out 4 inch tubing 4" from the bottom of the box going up and out the box is 422215

Not sure what you mean by "biggest bang"?  Are you wanting optimum bass performance from the subs?

In order to optimize the box you should use a software program to match the internal compliances with the parameters of the bass drivers.  The link below is one such software set that can help you design for the best performance from your application:

There are other software solutions you can find online with a google search.

Fortunately, automobile spaces are very forgiving and the pressure wave phenomonen works well for most any box that is close to ideal due to the enclosed volume of the vehicle..

You might get lucky with your given box and it will do just fine but to optimize you may have to make some adjustments.

Finally, make sure you are wired correctly to the amplifiers by matching the impedance of the 4 kickers to the impedance rating of the amplifiers.  This will give maximum power transfer into the speakers.  You can find the wiring hookup most suitable at site.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if there is more to the story.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers