Audio Systems/phono to receiver hook up

Question
I just acquired a nice Sony receiver and there is no phono input. Is there a piece of equipment designed to boost the turn table signal so that I can plug it into a tape deck input on the receiver and play my vinyl

Answer
Sorry for the delay in the answer... apparently, my first answer didn't go through.

This is fairly common... if you Google "Phono preamp" you'll get a ton of options ranging from about $25 on up. Basically, this just goes in between the turntable and any line level input on your receiver.  

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia