Audio Systems/phono to receiver hook up

I just acquired a nice Sony receiver and there is no phono input. Is there a piece of equipment designed to boost the turn table signal so that I can plug it into a tape deck input on the receiver and play my vinyl

Sorry for the delay in the answer... apparently, my first answer didn't go through.

This is fairly common... if you Google "Phono preamp" you'll get a ton of options ranging from about $25 on up. Basically, this just goes in between the turntable and any line level input on your receiver.  

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia

Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.

I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.

Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel