Audio Systems/Backup camers

I have a Ram 1500 2014 truck and installed a backup camera, Is there a way to add a 12 volt wire to my fuse box as I really don't want to splice into a factory wire or how would you recommend for me to hookup the 12 volt camera power.

I suppose you want power to the camera only when you are in reverse gear.

Suggest you find a 12v line that is hot when in reverse such as the backup lamps. Since the camera draws little current it should be safe to connect the camera without increased fuse rating.

Hope this helps you.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers