Audio Systems/car radio power intermittent

My car stereo is an upgraded Bose system in a 2000 special edition Miata...model Matushita 1m31, cd/radio combo.  Recently it started losing power, turning off and on once I turned it on.  It will be fine for a few seconds or a minute or so then suddenly quickly turn off and back on...losing all power including display.  And it continues intermittently even when the car is sitting still.  I checked all fuses and they are fine.  I removed the radio and sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner, etc.  Still the problem.  It seems to be worse and more frequent if I play a cd as if maybe more power draw makes the condition worse.

You didn't mention if you changed out the speaker systems.

I need to know more about the complete system you now have installed.

Matsushita (panasonic) and Bose systems do not mix; they are incompatible for interface as Bose follows a different set of voltage requirements at the signal interface. For example, Bose speakers often have the audio power amp mounted in the speaker basket and require a higher voltage to drive the speakers than is outputed from a Matsushita head unit.

So, let me know more about the total system and I can give you better advice.

But, if you have a mixed system that will be a big problem for you.

See this chart:  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers