Audio Systems/Loudness

zz wrote at 2016-07-07 12:29:41
There is a difference between power and loudness.  Yes, 10db up is 10 times more power but audio perception of loudness is nonlinear. In many subjective testing done by experts in the field an increase in power level to the point of sounding like twice loudness turns out to be about 9db.

I have done such testing many times with both experienced and non-experienced listeners.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia

Home Theater Audio Cabling (from HDMI to speaker cable). I WILL REJECT ALL CAR AUDIO QUESTIONS - I am not a car audio guy.

I am a Certified Audio Engineer that also works in the A/V cabling industry. I would like to dispel the myths and outright lies about the cables that connect your home theater systems together. Here's a hint - many of you have been misled out of hundreds of dollars for cabling systems.

Audio Recording Technology Institute Vancouver Film School

Post Magic Studios Khaos Studios Glass Forest Entertainment Funkbuddha Productions The Capital Playhouse Art In Music Global Music Project University of Washington Belle and Wissel