Audio Systems/Speakers

Question
I would like some decent speakers for outdoors but don't want to spend more than $150 as I've already spent a lot of the projector, screens, tables, bluray player, etc. The guy at Bestbuy says I would need an audio system that runs the bluray into a receiver through HDMI and run the HDMI out and onto the projector after the audio is extracted first. Don't they have speakers that one of the speakers basically acts as a receiver? I'm thinking even computer speakers would be better than what I have.

Answer
For outdoor use you don't need full surround playback - in my opinion.  You could get good sound with a 2.1 stereo system of middle class performance.  Depending on how big the viewing/listening audience will be why don't you consider something like what is available at most computer stores.  A 2.1 system will have builtin amplifier, subwoofer and two satellite speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO

Above link is an example of what's available.  There are many other brands and price points for you to research.

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan