Audio Systems/Speakers

I would like some decent speakers for outdoors but don't want to spend more than $150 as I've already spent a lot of the projector, screens, tables, bluray player, etc. The guy at Bestbuy says I would need an audio system that runs the bluray into a receiver through HDMI and run the HDMI out and onto the projector after the audio is extracted first. Don't they have speakers that one of the speakers basically acts as a receiver? I'm thinking even computer speakers would be better than what I have.

For outdoor use you don't need full surround playback - in my opinion.  You could get good sound with a 2.1 stereo system of middle class performance.  Depending on how big the viewing/listening audience will be why don't you consider something like what is available at most computer stores.  A 2.1 system will have builtin amplifier, subwoofer and two satellite speakers.

Above link is an example of what's available.  There are many other brands and price points for you to research.

Best wishes.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers