Audio Systems/No radio reception

Question
I have a 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature with the factory installed Alpine Audiophile system with AM/FM/Cassette and 6 cd changer. Everything except the radio works perfectly. The radio on both AM and FM bands only has static. It scans but does NOT locate a station. I have tried it at my home, on the highway, on the interstate and at locations 50 miles apart with no luck. I have checked the grid on the back window and it seems to be intact with no visible breaks or cuts. The antenna is plugged into the grid at the top of the glass and the connector is locked into place with no breaks or corrosion at all. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. While not a necessity, a working radio would be nice...lol.

Thank you!

Answer
The white noise or static you hear from both AM and FM sounds like the antenna is not connecting.  Even though you have checked the antenna components it is still possible there is an open circuit somewhere in the wiring to the input of the radio head unit.

My suggestion is to check the antenna wiring again and wiggle the cables and connectors to see if you can get it going again.

In the worst case you may need a fix from a radio repair shop.

Let me know if there is more to the story.  

Audio Systems

Cleggsan