Audio Systems/Receiver

Question
QUESTION: I'm trying to find a proper  receiver.   I have a  5.1  system in my house but the problem is that I have  TWO  speakers on my outside deck also.  I want to either  1) play my indoor speakers ,  2) play my out door speakers , or 3) play both at the same time.  Looking for a low end with blue tooth.  The quality of the sound outdoors is not real important as much as volume.  Thinking I need a receiver with a  A - B  switch.    Can you help ?  Would like to keep cost down.
I live out side of  Charlotte , NC

ANSWER: While I do not make specific brand/model recommendations, there are many receivers on the market that have a "Zone 2" setting that allow for exactly what you're describing.

In response to your comment, I am actually telling you precisely and specifically what you need to look for, a receiver with a "Zone 2" capability. It is a very common feature across many brands and price ranges.

QUESTION: I understand you don't make  SPECIFIC  recommendations........ but maybe you could tell me if a
ONKYO   TX - SR 343   5.1    would meet all of my desires ?    The price is right for me.

Answer
From what I see, it will not.

You need to look for a receiver with a ZONE 2 capability. this is something that will typically be spelled out as a feature of the receiver (not a hidden feature or function).

After thinking a bit about it, with the newer formats coming out, they may be calling these systems "7.1 surround" now (Giving you 5.1 and the option of either a stereo "Zone 2", or an additional pair of surround channels). This is relatively new, due to the new surround formats being offered via Blu-Ray.

Audio Systems

Wayne Tapia