Audio Systems/car cd changer (10 disk deck)

We have an Infinity Q 45 the 92' model and it has a 10 disk Sony deck cd changer model CDX-5N61W we thought it was broken so we found another one on line and got it. But even though we got a replacement the code E-99 is still showing on the display that sits in between the front drivers seat and front passengers seat. What is that code trying to tell us? Is it  the unit that holds the disks or something else electrical?

See the following link:

and read down until you find the comments on error code E-99.  

It seems you may need to reset after a fresh install.  For that you may have to study the owners manual.  Resetting is a little tricky on this unit as it is for most changer mechanisms. You can google and find some help with it I think.

A good instller shop would know how to do the reset as well.

Let me know if you need more.  

Audio Systems

Audio Design Engineer; systems, loudspeakers, cd/dvd players, etc. I am knowledgeable in all high end audio equipment and installations. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE A MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND CAR IF IT IS AN AUTO QUESTION. Note: I am getting some who ask good questions that take a lot of time to research but then the questioner fails to read the answer. Please don't ask questions unless you are seriously looking for an answer. If you find an answer to your question otherwise then let me know with your reply. Thank you.

Have been associated with audio design, standards, testing and component systems for over 40 years.

Life Fellow Member of Audio Engineering Society Life Senior Member of Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers

Review technical manuscripts for IEEE Spectrum Write occasionally for high-end audio publications

Past Employee/advisor to several well known audio products manufacturers