Audiology/Otolaryngology/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
could my tinnitus be non-neurological2/3/2014Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I'm 60 years old and I've had tinnitus in my left ear for two years now. It seems to be around ...
  A: Malcolm, You ask a very complex question, but the short answer is "yes, your sinus problems could ...
Plugged right ear2/3/2014Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: For about 4 days now, perhaps more since it initially started, I have had what I presumed to be an ...
  A: I am sorry you are having this problem. My first thought is that you should stop using the home ...
unilateral hearing loss1/30/2014Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I have unilateral hearing loss in my left ear. The pure-tone audiogram suggests mixed hearing loss, ...
  A: Wendy, You ask a good question. Eustachian tube dysfunction would explain a "retracted" eardrum ...
Ears popping crackling dizzy1/24/2014Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Started off one day feling like I were going to faint. Er said anxiety without looking at me. Next ...
  A: I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. It sounds as though you may have some middle ear ...
Plugs10/17/2013Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: What ear plugs would you recommend for some nice peace and quiet in a noisy room? I purchase some ...
  A: If you are looking for low cost plugs, I would recommend you consider something like Mack's ear ...
own inner voice echo in ear6/5/2013Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I constantly hear own inner voice echo in my ears for many years and am sure of it.Is there any ...
  A: This problem is very difficult to speculate on, but could certainly be caused by a variety of ear ...
Hearing improvement5/30/2013Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: At age 82 my mother was in a coma for 11 days due to a knee replacement. She had always been very ...
  A: While it is known that sudden hearing loss can occur as the result of surgery (thought to be a ...
Ringing in Ear3/7/2013Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I went to the doctor about a week ago due to a sore throat and cough. I was told I had a bronchial ...
  A: CJ, Very sorry for the delayed response! I hope that you are already finding relief, but in case ...
Pressure1/4/2013Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: The past couple of days I have noticed pressure in my left ear. There is no pain and I have no fever ...
  A: Definitely could be a precurser to an ear infection, but may just be eustachian tube dysfunction ...
Ears pop EVERY time i swallow?12/16/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I can hear a popping/crackling noise in my ears every single time i swallow. I've had wisdom teeth ...
  A: The sound you are hearing is the result of your eustachian tube (passage that connects the middle ...
Ringing in ears12/14/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I am a self-employed 61 year old male. For the most part, my daily environment and routine is fairly ...
  A: What you are describing is referred to as "tinnitus" and is a very common ear-related complaint. As ...
BPPV12/13/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I contracted a bad virus over 2 years ago. I have the ringing and noise in my ears. My Dr gave me ...
  A: I am sorry that you have been dealing with your dizzy/vertigo symptoms. The key aspects to realize ...
clickingsound in left ear12/13/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I have this clicking sound in my left ear when I walk. It sounds like the same sound I hear when I ...
  A: Cole, This may be your Eustachian tube or middle ear causing this if wax has already been ruled out ...
Hearing muffled after shower.12/9/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I was taking a shower and after the shower my left ear went muffled, and when I chew and tap my head ...
  A: Dustin, Most likely, you did get some water down the ear canal, which may have taken a chunk of wax ...
buzzing head and unbalanced walking12/5/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I had asked earlier a question about my mother's deafness. my mother has also problem with her ...
  A: As you may or may not know, the inner ear provides head movement information to the brain as part of ...
permanent total hearing loss12/3/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: My mother had total hearing loss two years ago. after numbers of different tests, doctors said that ...
  A: If the diagnosis is severe to bilateral (both ears) profound sensorineural hearing loss which is not ...
ENT12/2/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Firstly, I'm not sure if this should be placed under this category although I have seen you answer ...
  A: You have chosen an excellent category to ask your question. The two most specialized professionals ...
Recurring dizziness11/30/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: For about 5 years, I have suffered dizziness on and off. It was last triggered (after 6+ months of ...
  A: I have had patients describe dizziness that seems connected to sinus pressure and problems, but you ...
hello11/28/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I had my left ear clog with wax and got it remove at the emergency room yesterday and today I woke ...
  A: Although it is possible that it could resolve on its own, proper medications are the way to go to ...
BAHA Implant11/27/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I live in Palm Coast, Florida and I would like to get a ballpark figure on the cost of the BAHA ...
  A: I would suggest you contact Cochlear Americas by phone (800 483 3123) or through their ...
BPPV, vertigo, tinnitus and disc problems11/27/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I have had tinnitus for over 10 years in my right ear. Almost a year ago I started having vertigo ...
  A: It is difficult to know what if any impact your neck problems have on your vertigo. With bppv, neck ...
Toddler with speech/language delay, questionable hearing issue11/26/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: My 29 month old was diagnosed with mixed receptive and expressive language disorder at 24 months. ...
  A: I think your continued concern about hearing is valid. Any time speech and language delays or ...
16 month old with hearing loss11/22/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: My daughter recently had an abr after failing normal hearing tests and come to find out her R side ...
  A: I know finding this diagnosis out for your daughter can be difficult, but you are doing the right ...
earache11/20/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I noticed this morning that my left ear was itchy, and leaking fluid - on closer inspection, I could ...
  A: I am fairly certain you have an ear infection (otitis media, or possibly otitis externa) and should ...
Recurring ear infections in adult11/13/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Fr the past 4 years I have been dealing with recurring ear infections. I am in my upper 40s, and ...
  A: I am sorry to inform you that your question is outside my expertise/scope of practice currently. ...
ringing sound in the ears11/2/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: i am a 19 year old girl and i have a ringing sound in my ears. I think i have always had this ...
  A: I am glad you asked. Tinnitus (internal sounds in your ears or head) is very common and can be ...
Rumbling In Ear11/2/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I had a virus of some kind, my ear specialist did not know which one exactly as he said it was only ...
  A: I am sorry you have not been feeling well. The dizziness and tinnitus (internal noises) may or may ...
clipping/popping sound in left ear10/29/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Please excuse my English as itís not my mother tongue. Iím a 28-year-old male. I have had tinnitus ...
  A: You are young at 28 to have mild high frequency hearing loss. Was this sensorineural or conductive? ...
Left ear deafness10/28/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Three years ago I sneezed, and about 1/2 hour later after I stood up I became very, very dizzy and I ...
  A: I am sorry to hear of your sudden hearing loss in one ear. Unfortunately, occurrences such as yours ...
side effects from sudden hearing loss10/28/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Five months ago, I woke up one morning with my left ear blocked. I had been struggling with an ...
  A: Kaki, I am sorry to hear of your sudden hearing loss and resulting asymmetry in hearing and the ...
Improved Hearing10/24/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: With age and with loud music a person's hearing will continue to get worst and naturally there is no ...
  A: James, Many factors contribute to losing hearing. Genetics (or heredity), noise exposure ...
Adenoidectomy10/19/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I'm aware that this surgery is less commonly performed in adults because their adenoids have usually ...
  A: I am sorry, Michael, but this question is outside of my area of expertise. I believe you should ...
Outer ear lump?10/5/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: my name is michelle. Im hear to ask about an ear problem that my mom has. On the outer visible ...
  A: Although the problem you describe is on the outer portion of the ear, this question would be better ...
Quivering sensation in my ear9/30/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I've had a quivering sensation in my right ear for about 6-9 months. Had an ENT Surgeon who cleaned ...
  A: Based on your description of "quivering" in your ear, my primary suspicion is an involuntary muscle ...
EAR PAIN FROM NOISE9/25/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I had a brain trauma CT and was diagnosed with ataxia, muscle weakness, visual disturbances, ear ...
  A: Your ear pain symptoms may very well be a neurological phenomenon (related to your brain and nervous ...
Hearing distortion9/23/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I am a musician aged 55. I recently noticed that when I whistle any note in the scale up to middle G ...
  A: The distortion you describe in your right ear may have a couple different causes. You should first ...
Mother was a patient of yours9/14/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: My mother went to her hearing appointment and was very disappointed that you're no longer there. ...
  A: I appreciate you finding me for your mother. Please get in touch with me through my email ...
Desperately Need Help8/28/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Keifer, My son has congenital Sensorineural Unilateral Hearing Loss (profound)in his right ear. He ...
  A: Dr. SJ, I am glad to hear that your son is doing well. Although unilateral hearing loss has a ...
vertigo8/20/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: I need to find cause of my vertigo, BPPV or Meniere's suspected, where do I go for diagnosis?
  A: Lloyd, I would try to find a Hearing and Balance clinic to obtain a few tests. Sometimes these ...
light headed8/17/2012Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist
  Q: Although, you may not be able to help me, I figured I would give it a shot. I'm a healthy, 40 y/o ...
  A: I do hope that I can give you some information that will help. Often dizziness can be categorized ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Audiology/Otolaryngology

Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist

Top Expert on this page