QUESTION: I had my left ear clog with wax and got it remove at the emergency room yesterday and today I woke up and my right year it feels kind of clog or a pressure that I could hear bubbles or something in it and now I feel like both of my ears are clog of pressure and some vertigo and some hearing lost, I had a CT scan on September and didn't had nothing,  could it be a both ear infection or something?

ANSWER: Dear Jairo,

It is most likely some fluid/wax that settled down by your eardrum following cleaning or it could be the start of an infection.  If it does not get better through today, I would recommend you have your primary doctor take a look.

QUESTION: My appointment is on the 10th I feel kind of a hot sansation like a fever and vertigo so it might be a ear infection, could it heal by it self or I need some medecation? Can I lose my hearing cause I'm very scare.

Although it is possible that it could resolve on its own, proper medications are the way to go to help you feel better as soon as possible.  Generally, outer and middle ear infections will not cause long-term damage, unless the infection becomes chronic or is left untreated for a long period of time (months).

Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist

I am qualified to answer all questions related to the diagnosis and rehabilitative treatment of hearing and balance disorders. This includes evaluation of hearing and balance, counseling, amplification (hearing aids and assistive devices), tinnitus (noises in head) evaluation and management, cochlear implants, and audiology in general.

I started my career as a hearing instrument specialist (on a trainee license) in 1998. After almost 2 years, I decided that I needed to pursue higher education if I was to provide the best care to hearing impaired patients that I could. In 2007, I completed my Doctor of Audiology and have been providing audiological care for almost 5 years. I have vestibular, cochlear implant, and pediatric experience along with prescribing, fitting, and verification of hearing aid amplification as part of comprehensive hearing loss rehabilitation.

Audiology doctor and owner at Great Lakes Audiology in Toledo, OH. phone: 419 327-2273 website: American Academy of Audiology American Speech-Language Hearing Association Ohio Academy of Audiology

Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Western Michigan University, Speech Pathology and Audiology Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.), Ohio State University Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)