Audiology/Otolaryngology/own inner voice echo in ear

I constantly hear own inner voice echo in my ears for many years
and am sure of it.Is there any structural problem in my ear that causes these or any reason it occurs.This is not a temporary
problem but one which persisted daily- resulting in having difficult in sleeping daily.Age 50 and just realize the ear could the cause.
when I put my thumb covering my ear tube I always hear loud buzzing and wind echoing in my ear.

Dear Allan,
This problem is very difficult to speculate on, but could certainly be caused by a variety of ear issues.  Simple earwax impaction to middle ear pathology or even an inner ear problem could be the cause.  I would recommend you seek evaluation and potential treatment from an audiologist and ENT.

I wish you well.

Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist

I am qualified to answer all questions related to the diagnosis and rehabilitative treatment of hearing and balance disorders. This includes evaluation of hearing and balance, counseling, amplification (hearing aids and assistive devices), tinnitus (noises in head) evaluation and management, cochlear implants, and audiology in general.

I started my career as a hearing instrument specialist (on a trainee license) in 1998. After almost 2 years, I decided that I needed to pursue higher education if I was to provide the best care to hearing impaired patients that I could. In 2007, I completed my Doctor of Audiology and have been providing audiological care for almost 5 years. I have vestibular, cochlear implant, and pediatric experience along with prescribing, fitting, and verification of hearing aid amplification as part of comprehensive hearing loss rehabilitation.

Audiology doctor and owner at Great Lakes Audiology in Toledo, OH. phone: 419 327-2273 website: American Academy of Audiology American Speech-Language Hearing Association Ohio Academy of Audiology

Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Western Michigan University, Speech Pathology and Audiology Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.), Ohio State University Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)