Auditing/Need some help

Question
Hello  Richard,
I'm hoping you can maybe shine some light on my issue, as for sure you are much more knowledgeable than me. It is with the sales tax and I'm struggling to find any answers to my question. I resale granite countertops in state of WI. I get the order/payment from a customer and have an out of state subcontractor (IL) do the rest of purchasing materials, labor etc. My work is just limited to customer service and handling orders, scheduling. The subcontractor pays sales taxes on materials in his state. Am I liable for any sales tax to be collected from customers?

Thank you very much for any help,
Erick K.

Answer
Sorry this took so long, on vacation. I'm not an expert in state taxes, but if you make a profit selling countertops in your state then you'll have to pay the state taxes due on that sale. The short answer then is yes, you are liable for both state sales and income tax.

Auditing

Richard S