Auditing/Need some help

Hello  Richard,
I'm hoping you can maybe shine some light on my issue, as for sure you are much more knowledgeable than me. It is with the sales tax and I'm struggling to find any answers to my question. I resale granite countertops in state of WI. I get the order/payment from a customer and have an out of state subcontractor (IL) do the rest of purchasing materials, labor etc. My work is just limited to customer service and handling orders, scheduling. The subcontractor pays sales taxes on materials in his state. Am I liable for any sales tax to be collected from customers?

Thank you very much for any help,
Erick K.

Sorry this took so long, on vacation. I'm not an expert in state taxes, but if you make a profit selling countertops in your state then you'll have to pay the state taxes due on that sale. The short answer then is yes, you are liable for both state sales and income tax.

Richard S

Questions about the collection of taxes. I spent ten years in Collections and tax return review with the IRS and spoke with over 20,000 people. I worked with people to solve problems with their tax levies, liens, Offer in Compromise, unfiled tax returns, payment/filing options and general questions.

Over 10 years with the IRS - recently retired. Handled thousands of cases - mostly for regular people that owed anywhere from a few hundred dollars to over $100,000.

Masters Degree from Iowa State in Ames.