Australia/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
first trip to Sydney11/14/2016Ian Smith
  Q: Visiting Australia for first time in March, staying with friend in Sydney for a week. What would you ...
  A: You haven't mentioned your likes and dislikes, i.e. not much good sending you to a top golf course ...
extended trip to Australia4/14/2016Ian Smith
  Q: we will have one month (Dec-January) to visit australia and would like to see as much as possible. ...
  A: I guess coming from the cold you'll think the heat will be wonderful! It's probably the worst time ...
area to stay in Brisbane1/27/2016Frank Denison
  Q: Frank; your previous advice helped me to decide to fly into Brisbane rather than Cairns. we plan ...
  A: The area you selected is a very good choice. Your reasons 1. - Very good idea. You are about 10 ...
where to start trip in Queensland1/12/2016Frank Denison
  Q: G'day Frank we are coming in mid-September for 40 days. We are flying into Sydney and then plan a ...
  A: Your trip will be amazing. I have driven Brisbane Cairns and also Brisbane Melbourne. It is an ...
trip advice1/10/2016Ian Smith
  Q: G'day Ian I wanted to run by our tentative trip plans. We are coming for 40 days in mid September ...
  A: Wow, you've set me a task here! Try and do the best I can. Firstly, great to see someone's actually ...
studying and working during my spare time12/9/2013Frank Denison
  Q: i recently got a place to study and now i want to apply for the student visa.is it possible for me ...
  A: I am not sure about the student visa requirements The only help I can offer is the Australian ...
visiting NSW and QLD10/7/2013Ian Smith
  Q: My wife and I (55 y-old) will drive a camper van from Melbourne to Brisbane starting in mid Nov and ...
  A: I just spent half an hour doing this reply and lost it. Here goes again! All the following have ...
Immigrating To Australia9/17/2013Ian Smith
  Q: I would like to visit Australia because I've heard so many beautiful things about this fascinating ...
  A: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/3caf0/c48/ This site will get you started. You haven't listed ...
for PR Australia7/18/2013Frank Denison
  Q: I want to apply for PR Australia in skilled worker category.I have three years diploma in mechanical ...
  A: The best way to find out if you can work is to go to the Australian Government website. There is a ...
Working and migrating to Australlia7/9/2013Frank Denison
  Q: This is Marilyn from the Philippines. I and my family would like to legally work and live in ...
the great barrier reef4/26/2013Frank Denison
  Q: We are coming from England and would be very grateful for any tips you have for us We would love to ...
  A: The great barrier reef is about 2400km or 1400 miles long. When we stayed at Cairns & Airlie ...
Skilled occupation list 20123/15/2013Frank Denison
  Q: I have seen Massage Therapist on the Occupation List and am thinking of studying now to get a ...
  A: There is plenty of demand for Massage Therapists. It is a competitive occupation, but you should not ...
Emergrating to queensland from england1/31/2013Frank Denison
  Q: We are currently in the process of getting a work permit and visa for austraila my partner is 41 and ...
  A: I hope the work permit process goes well. At the moment there is plenty of work for Bricklayers and ...
TRAVEL1/18/2013Frank Denison
  Q: SIR: I'VE HEARD OF THE 'SLOW BOAT 2 CHINA'[ON FREIGHTERS] DO SHIPS STILL ALLOW CHEAP CABINS OR ...
  A: June July August September are the cooler months. I would stick to the capital cities of Brisbane ...
free and esy australia1/9/2013Frank Denison
  Q: I from singapore.i planning to goldcoast anytime in march with total of 4 adult.i prefer to hav ...
  A: I would stay at the QT hotel in Surfers Paradise. It used to be called the Gold Coast International, ...
Moving11/2/2012Frank Denison
  Q: Can you just get your passport and flight and move there or is it not that simple?
  A: H5 Harliegh, Sorry for the delay, I have been away with work. I am afraid it is not ...
perminant residency in australia9/23/2012Frank Denison
  Q: my partner was living in australia (uk born) for 2 years he moved there to be with his family who ...
  A: I am not sure about the timeframe to keep status for Australian residence. The only help I can ...
From Airlie Beach to Agnes Water8/24/2012Frank Denison
  Q: My cousin and I are going to travel to Australia in October. After spending a couple of days in ...
  A: It sounds like you will have a wonderful trip with your cousin. Take your time and drive safely. ...
Driving from Perth to Sydney 2013.8/13/2012Frank Denison
  Q: In 2013 I am hoping to fly to Perth to drop off a friend who is visiting her son and family who ...
  A: The drive Perth to Sydney is very possible in the time frames you mention. It sounds like you will ...
Adventure Travel in N.W. Australia7/14/2012Ian Smith
  Q: My husband and I are planning a trip to Australia and we are in a mad rush to finish planning so ...
  A: Firstly, let me say that I have not driven the Gibb River Road, well, only a little bit that takes ...
Travel from Brisbane to Airlie Beach7/6/2012Frank Denison
  Q: we are holidaying in Australia for the first time in September for 2 weeks, flying into Brisbane. We ...
  A: I have done this trip a few times, and you will enjoy it. You mention Noosa, Hervey Bay & Town of ...
swimming6/13/2012Frank Denison
  Q: I am planning on traveling to Brisbane this upcoming winter (U.S.A winter) and I love swimming. I ...
  A: G'day Kate, You will have a great time when you are in Brisbane and Australia. ...
where to live in australia3/20/2012Ian Smith
  Q: We are an elderly couple considering to relocate to a nice town close to water. In our retirement, ...
  A: There are lots of nice towns close to the water. Having said that "not too expensive" rules out a ...
enquiry for immigration1/3/2012Frank Denison
  Q: I am writing this enquiry with regard to assistance to immigrate to Australia. In the following ...
  A: I I am not sure of the rules regarding immigration. The links below will give you assistance. I hope ...
Change of visa class12/25/2011Frank Denison
  Q: Am an international student in western Australia studying Diploma in Community Services and recently ...
  A: Merry Christmas. Visas are very complicated, and the governement has to ...
History/Constitution12/22/2011Frank Denison
  Q: I need to find clause 6 of the preamble in the Australian Constitution its suppose to tell me what ...
  A: Clause 6:6. "The Commonwealth" shall mean the Commonwealth of Australia as established under this ...
in car electricity10/20/2011Ian Smith
  Q: im coming over to Australia in December for year and will be travelling round in a van, I want to ...
  A: In a word, no. They can't be run off a car battery, you need 240v either off a mains electricity or ...
Tourist visa for Travel to New Zeeland and back to australia9/14/2011Frank Denison
  Q: A dear , I have a question and am a little confused. I have a normal tourist visa which 676 valid ...
  A: H5 Cornelia, Visas can be confusing. I do not have a great knowledge of them. The best ...
where should we live?8/30/2011Ian Smith
  Q: find work and a home.We live in Georgia United States ,and i plan to leave once i graduate.Can you ...
  A: If you believe surveys, Newcastle is the best place to live. This was the international survey to ...
Move to Brisbane6/20/2011Frank Denison
  Q: my hubby and i emigrated to Christchurch NZ 2009 from Scotland to live the dream ! now living a ...
  A: Sorry to hear your dream turned into a nightmare. Brisbane went through major floods in January ...
Weather or not? ;-)6/11/2011Frank Denison
  Q: and thank you in advance for taking my question. I am determined to achieve a lifelong dream of ...
  A: G'day Cindy, What a great 50th birthday you have planned. There is no way to predict the ...
Confused...5/11/2011Frank Denison
  Q: we are a family of four from Buenos Aires, Argentina. We are visiting Australia from december 27th ...
  A: You trip sounds very good. If you are flying back to Argentina from Sydney, it may be best to spend ...
employment5/1/2011Frank Denison
  Q: i am considering emigrating to Australia, Brisbane to be exact, in 6 weeks time but i am confused as ...
  A: G'day Shaniene, There is no way of knowing for sure if you will have a job when you ...
Moving to Australia4/6/2011Frank Denison
  Q: I have been offered a job & house package in Emerald, Queensland. Is this a great place to live & ...
  A: Emerald is about 270 km west of Brisbane. It is not a large city, with a population of around ...
employment3/28/2011Frank Denison
  Q: worked in Aus 30 years ago as a mining accountant in WA but now 61. How difficult is the job market ...
  A: I must apologise for my late reply. I had a very large spam email sent to me and my ISP closed my ...
visa??3/28/2011Frank Denison
  Q: !! i have now moved house and am applying for an Irish passport i would love to be able to go back ...
Honeymoon3/27/2011Ian Smith
  Q: ) Me and my fiancÚ are going to be married in three months, and we both decided we would like to ...
  A: First of all, you haven't mentioned what you're interested in outside of looking at the reef and ...
Australia vacation3/12/2011Ian Smith
  Q: Ian, my wife and I will celebrate out 25th anniversary in December. I'd like to surprise her with a ...
  A: If you're planning then 7 days would be my absolute minimum. If you fly east-west (I assume that's ...
application abroad3/2/2011Frank Denison
  Q: i carry a Swiss passport with me and i wanted to work in Australia i have families who resides in ...
  A: G'day Hans, I am not totally sure of the requirements for a visa for you. The websites below ...
Brisbane and surroundings2/24/2011Frank Denison
  Q: I will be visiting Brisbane in mid-March for 9 days. Already have a hotel booked in the CBD near ...
  A: G'day Cindy, Thank god for the internet. We are actually in Thailand for 5 days, and ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Australia

Frank Denison

Top Expert on this page