Hi I have a very good friend that lives in Australia and he wants me to move there I'm not sure what steps or procedures to take to move there or how it works. Can you just get your passport and flight and move there or is it not that simple?

H5 Harliegh,
         Sorry for the delay, I have been away with work.

I am afraid it is not that simple. You can be a tourist in Australia, but have to meet certian criteria to stay.

The only help I can offer is the Australian Governernment Website : -

Good luck.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Frank Denison


I have lived in Brisbane all my life (53 years). I am very proud of our city and the Sunshine State of Queensland. I am happy to help in any way possible. Queensland is a very humid and hot place in Summer, which makes it great for outdoor fun.


I have a great love and knowledge of Brisbane and the surrounding areas. I holiday on the Sunshine Coast every year, and visit the Gold Coast numerous times during the year for work. We love to dine out, and can recommend many places to try in Brisbane and the Coasts.

Year 12 Secondary School

©2017 All rights reserved.