Australia/Immigrating To Australia

Question
Hello.

I would like to visit Australia because I've heard so many beautiful things about this fascinating country. I would like to know what places do you recommend for sight-seeing? What are the popular dishes there? Also, if I decide to immigrate to Australia, what are the requirements?

Best regards,

Julian

Answer
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/3caf0/c48/  This site will get you started.
You haven't listed what you might be most interested in but you can work it out from virtualtourist.
If you have more questions after that then don't hesitate to ask.
One thing I should warn you about is - don't get caught up in the hype!
Sydney-Cairns-Uluru I call the golden triangle.  What they don't tell you is that Cairns doesn't have beaches like N.S.W. and you can't swim in the water....unless you have a death wish!
Uluru may be wonderful, but it's also a LONG way from anywhere else.
Keep Tasmania in mind, for mine, it's the best state to visit.
Dishes are varied.  There's a large multicultural influence here so you might see Italian, Thai, Chinese, Moroccan etc. all in the same street.  Pies are our specialty, I haven't yet met a tourist who didn't love them.
As for immigration, look up the Immigration Dept.  With a new government just in, things might change and it's not really my field anyway.
Happy travels.  Cheers, Ian

Australia

Ian Smith