Australian Shepherds/3 month old Australian shepherd weighs 27 pounds?

we just got a 3 month old Aussie, and she is already 27 pounds! is this normal?! or is she just going to be a big girl? she is most definitely not fat, she is as healthy as you can get a dog. trust me, i know a fat dog when i see one and she is not fat at all. so my question is, how big will she be when she is full grown!?

i want to train her how to pull a sulky/cart. will she be large enough to pull one with a 130 pound person it is when she is 2 years old?

If you wanted a carting dog, I would have suggested a Bernese Mountain Dog or a Newfoundland, not an Aussie.  Personally speaking, I would not ask a dog of medium size to pull a person in a cart.
As for her size, I cannot predict it, not knowing her pedigree, but your veterinarian might be able to do so by looking at her current stage of growth.  If you purchased her from a responsible breeder, the breeder should have a very good idea at what size range their dogs normally mature.  Your pup does sound large for a female of that age, and, just guessing, if she is a purebred, I would say that unless she slows down growing that she might reach the 40-50 pound range.

Australian Shepherds

Anne Springer, B.S., Dip., CAPCT

I'm happy to answer questions about the Aussie breed and temperament, and basic information about working lines versus show lines, training your Aussie, grooming your Aussie, and what it's like to live with a dog breed that's smart and versatile, but isn't for everyone.

Professional trainer, and Aussie owner.

IPDTA, APDT, Truly Dog Friendly, Therapy Dogs, Inc.

B.S., Diploma in Dog Obedience Instruction, Graduate, NY School of Dog Grooming, Certified Advanced Pet Care Technician (American Pet Care Assn.)