Austria/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Austria11/7/2011Claire Symons
  Q: I am 29 years old and I am world traveler. I have been to Germany, France, Italy, Japan, China, ...
  A: I apologize for my late response. My email notification was mistakenly placed in my spam folder. ...
going from Austria to budapest8/7/2011Claire Symons
  Q: I am going with my family to Austria in August, we were thinking how long does it take to go from ...
  A: I don't know about buses, but the train takes about three hours to go from Vienna to Budapest. The ...
Lower Austria/Styria3/3/2011Claire Symons
  Q: In Mid-May, we would like to do some hiking, stay in a mountain village. From Vienna, what towns, ...
  A: Please understand, I do not live there. I can recommend Klosterneuburg as a nice town outside of ...
staying by salzburg want to travel to italy10/17/2010Claire Symons
  Q: we have a trip planned to stay in timeshare in austria 30 miles outside of salzburg. I would like ...
  A: First of all, I would really recommend the train. You can bring a book or cards to pass the time, ...
What shd we do in Austria - on a 3-4 day trip?5/25/2010Claire Symons
  Q: Our main halt will be at Paris, where we will spend about 5 days... We are not very fast paced ...
  A: If you just want somewhere beautiful to wander around, Salzburg would probably be your best bet. ...
train station4/22/2010Claire Symons
  Q: i will be travelling from Budapest to Vienna by train, which station should I get off, and how do I ...
  A: You probably want Westbahnhof - but all of the train stations are connected to Vienna's public ...
Places to go in Vienna2/21/2010Claire Symons
  Q: I will be travelling to Vienna with my family in April. I will be there from 14/4-16/4 before ...
  A: You could go to the Prater, Vienna's big fair. It has rides and games and food stalls which would ...
Vienna to Budapest12/7/2009Claire Symons
  Q: What is the cheapest way from Vienna to Budapest-one way. I'll be traveling w/my girlfriend. There ...
  A: Honestly, I can't really do anything other than just search the internet sites for train tickets, ...
vienna, salzburg10/20/2009Claire Symons
  Q: i'm planning to bring my family to vienna and salzburg in november mid november. would it be a good ...
  A: If you wait until the end of November, the Christmas markets start up. There are lots of activities ...
Vienna (& Budapest) in November10/13/2009Claire Symons
  Q: I am taking my girlfriend on a surprise mini-break 23-26(maybe 27) November 2009 and I have been ...
  A: David, 1. In November, it will probably be fairly cold and might snow. The good news is that you'll ...
weather in November9/8/2009Claire Symons
  Q: We are coming from Bled Slovenia to Heiligenblut to arrive Cortina d'Ampezzo in Italy by car in the ...
  A: I apologize, I cannot successfully answer this question as I did not drive when I was in Austria. I ...
Austria and Switzerland travel4/5/2009Claire Symons
  Q: My husband and I are planning a trip in September to Bavaria, Austria and MAYBE Switzerland. We ...
  A: I spent about a week in Innsbruck and in my opinion it offers fabulously beautiful views of the ...
Car rental trough Europe3/20/2009Claire Symons
  Q: I am arriving to Dusseldorf(my flight in and out) and I wanted to rent a car there immediately.I am ...
  A: I apologize, but I do not know the ins and outs of the European car rental industry. I do know that ...
Baby in Vienna3/18/2009Abellio
  Q: We are planning to travel to Vienna for a few days this spring with our 5 month old baby. I would ...
  A: usually you can take your baby stroller with you when visiting museums and the like. In museums just ...
Vienna Philharmonic New Year's concert1/2/2009Abellio
  Q: I realize that this is planning ahead, but I expect that's necessary. My husband has loved this ...
  A: there is a registration period (first 3 weeks of january) for the drawing of the tickets for next ...
Day's trip to Saltzburg from Vienna11/26/2008Claire Symons
  Q: I like to take a day's trip to Saltzburg from Vienna May 2009. (1) Where can I seek "coach/bus" time ...
  A: I believe you could find both at the train stations. You could go to one of the large stations, like ...
travel11/10/2008Claire Symons
  Q: I have not used my passport in 20 years do I have to renew it? What is the cost to stay there for ...
  A: Your passport should have an expiration date on it. If you stay in very cheap hostels and eat only ...
Car Rental Insurance10/1/2008Abellio
  Q: I will rent a car in Innsbruck during October 2008. What kind of rental car insurance do I need? ...
  A: liability insurance is included in the rental, usually covering property damage (unlimited amount), ...
weather in vienna9/28/2008Abellio
  Q: I would like to know how is the weather in Vienna in the first week of December. Does it normally ...
  A: weather is usually nice in the beginning of december. You can expect daily highs between 0 and 5 C ...
Studying music in Vienna9/10/2008Claire Symons
  Q: My niece would like to study music in Austria.She is well trained in vocals and plays the piano.Can ...
  A: I apologize, but I really don't have any experience or knowledge in that area. I personally would ...
Country Pass or others?8/24/2008Claire Symons
  Q: I finally fixed my schedule as to spend few weeks in Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest and Prague ...
  A: First of all, that looks like a fantastic schedule. I am jealous. The eurail pass is very pricey. ...
Vienna to Salzburg8/14/2008Claire Symons
  Q: I am planning to go Vienna & Salzburg in Oct 2008. I would like to know which transport should i ...
  A: I would suggest train because it will be more spacious. If you get car sick, the bus might make you ...
Nice towns in the Tirol8/9/2008Abellio
  Q: I would will be passing through the Tirol and would like to stay in some picturesque smaller cities ...
  A: I will try to answer your question, although I am not too familiar with Tirol's towns. Tirol is a ...
Car rental/travel7/13/2008Claire Symons
  Q: Will vacation in Seefeld, Austria, this year. Can I rent a car there? What is the best driving ...
  A: Jim, I apologize for being late on my reply. You can rent a car, but you must have an ...
train travel to Salzburg7/6/2008Claire Symons
  Q: We are traveling from Wien to salzburg, in late Sept. and early October. Need help on how long(time ...
  A: John, I am not sure what you mean when you say how long to travel. Do you mean the length of ...
road trip through alps3/31/2008Claire Symons
  Q: i'm purchasing a car through european delivery in munich and would like to plan a scenic drive ...
  A: Sadly, I did not have an international drivers' license when I spent time in Austria so I can't ...
questions about vienna2/13/2008Claire Symons
  Q: what is the name of the oldest standing building in Austria and where is it located?
  A: Althought I don't know exactly which building is the oldest, I do know that St. Stephens cathedral ...
Everything scenic, motels and mountain.2/3/2008Claire Symons
  Q: 1 - It was 1970, I was 6 months in Austria. I went with someone on rail toward mountain. Big ...
  A: I apologize, but I do not know what mountain you are talking about. If you are interested in ourdoor ...
Christmas in Vienna12/8/2007Claire Symons
  Q: My boyfriend and I will be spending this Christmas in Vienna any reccommendations of what can do to ...
  A: The Christmas markets are awesome so you should definitely do that. There are also carriage rides ...
Austrian Italian Charms12/5/2007Claire Symons
  Q: While I was in Austria this summer I bought an Italian charm for my charm bracelet. It is EDELWEISS ...
  A: I apologize, but there really isn't any way I can find that information for you, particularly ...
christams holiday11/3/2007Claire Symons
  Q: 2 lads looking to go away for christmas on a fun break involving snow, sports, nightlife girls ...
  A: I am not sure what the operation hours are on Christmas, but the ski slopes above Innsbruck are ...
Travel between Austria and Croatia10/28/2007Claire Symons
  Q: I'm wondering if you can suggest a way of travelling between Innsbruck/Salsburg and into ...
  A: I apologize, but I would only be able to research the same routes that you have. You could try to ...
Rail travel10/8/2007Claire Symons
  Q: Sorry if this isn't your area but do you know anything about the eurail. My family and I are ...
  A: In my experience, many of the trains that travel those types of distances do so at night. ...
austria/swz vacation9/5/2007Claire Symons
  Q: My wife and I are flying to Munich on the last weekend of Sept. and fly home from Geneva 2 weeks ...
  A: German/Austria trains are very well organized and timely. I recommend that you use them for most of ...
Barcelona to Innsbruck8/31/2007Claire Symons
  Q: My friend and I are heading to Barcelona for a week (we both spent a semester studying there) and we ...
  A: Barcelona to Innsbruck is not a little trip. I looked up just half of it, from Barcelona to Geneva, ...
Vienna8/28/2007Claire Symons
  Q: My wife and I will be in Vienna for 3 days in October. We have never been there and have interests ...
  A: Vienna has one of every kind of art museum. The Kunsthistorishes museum has a great collection of ...
Austrian Culture8/8/2007Claire Symons
  Q: I have a question about the culture in Austria. I plan to visit there and some parts of Africa. My ...
  A: Not many black people live in Austria, but that does not mean you would be out of place. Austria has ...
travel budapest to vienna8/5/2007Claire Symons
  Q: We are going to Budapest in December. We also want to visit Vienna. How can we go to Vienna from ...
  A: It is easy to take the train straight from Budapest into Vienna. If you buy a morning ticket, you ...
Laws regarding booking travel in Austria6/26/2007Claire Symons
  Q: I am an administrative assistant trying to book travel for an employee who resides in Vienna. He ...
  A: I am not familiar with that law, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I just checked the website ...
Salzburg distance from6/9/2007Claire Symons
  Q: From our home airport (ROA) it's hard but I seem to remember you can take a train from INN or VIE ...
  A: There are many train stations around Vienna that would serve you well. I did take the train to ...

Page:    1  |  2   |  Next       All

Austria