Auto Air Conditioning & Heater Repair/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
ac/heater12/15/2012Paul Evans/ www.chillywillys.org
  Q: I have no power to ac/heater on a 2009 Honda Civic, it was working fine and suddenly it just turned ...
  A: I need a little bit more information please. What is it that stops working, the fan, the air ...
Audi a4 2003 aircon not blowing cold when very hot12/8/2012Paul Evans/ www.chillywillys.org
  Q: When the temperature is above 27 degrees Celsius it blows out lukewarm air. I had a problem with my ...
  A: I wouldn't replace anything else until you are sure the system has gas and the compressor is ...
Fan resistor12/8/2012Paul Evans/ www.chillywillys.org
  Q: On the current Isuzu models the fan resistor is a printed circuit situated next to the blower. The ...
  A: My only experience of all the current Isuzu models is that there is little alternative but to seek ...
1998 Chevy Silverado Air Conditioning7/11/2012Wayne
  Q: I replaced the evaporator case (only the cover)and the fuses are good. It is blowing air but not as ...
  A: When you had the evaporator case did you inspect the evaporator core for any restriction of airflow? ...
r12-134 conversion7/11/2012Wayne
  Q: I want to use 134 in my 94 Honda Accord. I have gotten conflicting reports on the need to evacuate ...
  A: The topic of 'what oil to use' comes down to two physical properties. Miscibility and solubility. ...
AC and heat7/11/2012Wayne
  Q: Approximately how much work is involvedr cost in replacing the long ac and coolant lines front to ...
  A: It takes about 2-4 hours to replace these lines and in most cases (with GM) you have to purchase and ...
How to know if I have a parallel flow condenser?7/10/2012Wayne
  Q: I have an '07 Chrysler Town and Country Touring, with front and rear air. My compressor went to ...
  A: Your vehicle should have a parallel flow condenser making it difficult to get all of the particulate ...
a/c vibration noise in cab7/10/2012Wayne
  Q: I'm a mechanic myself but just dont do a lot of a/c at the shop i work at. i've got an 84 cadillac ...
  A: When the system is vibrating is there any indication on the gauges that the refrigerant flow is ...
Ford E 250 a/c7/9/2012Wayne
  Q: Ok here we go I have a 2000 Ford E 250 that won't take an a/ac charge. How do I get it to take the ...
  A: I am assuming you are trying to charge it with a store bought kit on the LOW side? Can you give ...
air conditioner Pontiac Montana van7/9/2012Wayne
  Q: Last yr I left interior lights on and had to have my brother-n-law jump my van. As soon as he ...
  A: First thing you need to do is check ALL the fuses. It sounds liek there is no power to the HVAC ...
1995 Chevy Silverado AC7/8/2012Wayne
  Q: The climate control problem, blows cold strong air then changes to blowing warmer air and not as ...
  A: See if you can answer some of these questions and I can help narrow down the problem.. 1. Does it ...
Overcharged ac unit 2007 sarturn ion7/8/2012Wayne
  Q: Our car was overcharged with freon and it caused the ac to blow hot. It had some pressure removed ...
  A: I might be able to help you narrow this down... 1. Disconnect and reconnect battery and try again. ...
A/C relief valve7/7/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a tandem dump truck and was trying to recharge the a/c and at first the compressor clutch ...
  A: The only way to surely know if you have a bad pressure relief valve is to check it when it blows off ...
acura MDX7/6/2012Wayne
  Q: im having trouble with my 2002 mdx front ac, blower works, rear ac blows cold, front don't work ? ...
  A: Without getting into hardcore diagnostics it sounds like You have a stuck or malfunctioning blend ...
acura MDX7/6/2012Wayne
Air Flow7/5/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 2001 Ram 1500 and it seems that every time I step on the accelerator and the air is on that ...
  A: Heya, You most definitely have a vacuum leak or defective one way valve. When you step on the ...
Ac blowing hot7/5/2012Wayne
  Q: I don't really know a lot about cars...here's what I do know... A few days ago, my ac in my '91 ...
  A: I will try to explain what is happening in simple terms. Depending on the ambient air temperature ...
air conditioning presure switch7/5/2012Wayne
  Q: where is the a/c presure switch located on a 1999 ford escort zx2
  A: I actually had to look this up for you. My first inclination is that it was by the passengers side ...
AC 1999 ford expedition7/3/2012Wayne
  Q: My AC works fine but at an idle and driving at slow speeds it continuously pulls allot of power from ...
  A: There is the possibility that it is cycling on and off too much due to low refrigerant but you may ...
99 merc sable air conditioning problems7/2/2012Wayne
  Q: i just recharged my air last month and its been working fine and today i went to turn it on and it ...
  A: Sorry for late reply Long weekend! Does this system have automatic or manual AC controls? If ...
03 silverado 2500HD 6.0 a/c7/1/2012Wayne
  Q: The a/c system blows cold at start up but after a while blows warm at idle but blows cools while ...
  A: You are correct in your statement. I am sorry if I did not explain properly. A 03 Silverado ...
A.C on Dodge Durango6/30/2012Wayne
  Q: We have a 2003 Dodge Durango SXT this summer we noticed that the a.c. was not blowing out cold air. ...
  A: Coincidently I own a 2003 R/T 5.9. Love the truck, its black and AC is a must. Sounds like you ...
Air Conditioning6/30/2012Wayne
  Q: I recharged my 2001 toyota echo with 134a refrigerant and the compressor is cliking and reving high ...
  A: Was it totally empty when you started charging it? How much refrigerant did you put into it? If ...
2003 Cavalier AC problem6/30/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 2003 Chevy Cavalier with an AC problem. When I'm moving at 40 or above in 5th gear, it ...
  A: Sorry for late reply, its the long weekend! We need to find out why excessive air flow over the ...
2003 F-350 A/C6/30/2012Wayne
  Q: My Ford 2003 F-350 air conditioning freezes up. I have spent approximately $2000.00 over the last 3 ...
  A: Beautiful truck. And really nice trailer! An Evaporator that turns into a block of ice can be ...
Air Not Blowing in the Middle Vent.6/29/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 1999 GMC Savanna Conversion Van. I am not getting air flow at the middle vent. My air or ...
  A: The first thing you want to check is the vacuum supply to the HVAC head. The mode control works off ...
2005 avalon a/c problem6/27/2012Wayne
  Q: My mechanic has checked all the fuses to htr and a/c and they are fine but he has no power to pin ...
  A: DAvid, There is only three possibilities for lack of continuity in this circuit. A. No voltage ...
climate control panel6/27/2012Wayne
  Q: after the a/c compressor in my 2005 Toyota Avalon was replaced the climate control panel stopped ...
  A: An avalon panel is called the 'Digital amplifier'. There are more than one fuse that powers this ...
2006 3.5 malibu maxx ac problem6/26/2012Wayne
  Q: may 2006 malibu maxx has been charged with freeon with the proper amount. but it cools slightyly for ...
  A: The fat one is the evaporator outlet and the thin one is the liquid inlet. The thin one should be ...
1997 audi a6 quattro coolant leak6/26/2012Wayne
  Q: after installing a used motor from a 1996 a4 s1 my 1997 a6 is getting way hot and leaking coolant at ...
  A: The thermostat in an A6 2.8 is slightly to the right of the passengers side camshaft in the ...
1977 mercedes air & heat6/25/2012Wayne
  Q: I have cold air coming out of the center vents hot air out of both side vents. like the heater is ...
  A: Sounds like you have a stuck blend door actuator servo or vacuum leak under dash. As these cars get ...
2003 Ford F-150 A/C6/24/2012Wayne
  Q: How can I determine if my blower motor needs to be replaced or the condenser? No air comes out when ...
  A: Sorry bout the late reply. Busy weekend with hockey. Do you have any blower speeds at all? If ...
air conditioner doesn't work if it's in the sun6/23/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 1995 Toyota Corolla. I have a very strange problem with my air conditioner. If I have my ...
  A: I had to think about his one for a while and check with some information at work to see if there was ...
Buick PA 1995 AC blower prob6/23/2012Wayne
  Q: 1995 Buick PA (not Ultra) blows A/C air out defrost vents only. It started several months ago by ...
  A: The 1995 Park Ave has an electric blend door actuator and a vacuum mode door actuator with vacuum ...
ac works sometimes6/23/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 2002 Ford Explorer -- V8 4X4. When I turn my ac to blow threw the vents, it only blows out ...
  A: The mode control on a 2002 Ford explorer is a vacuum controlled actuator in the HVAC box that ...
metal shaving in the A/C system6/22/2012Wayne
  Q: i changed the air compressor because it locked up but i couldn't get a cold air i gave it to a ...
  A: Beshoy, Your mechanic is going to hate me when I say this but no you do not have to replace all ...
BMW A/C6/22/2012Wayne
  Q: I have a 2006 BMW 325i. The first symptom was my A/C would not go to the highest setting (speed). ...
  A: Chris, Without a graphing meter or scope it is difficult to make a 100 percent positive diagnosis ...
auto a/c6/22/2012Wayne
  Q: why does my a/c cycle on and off so frequently (30 secs or less) even though the pressure gauge ...
  A: Karl, What is the year make and model of this vehicle? 50psi for a 134A system is too high to be ...
1988 Chev Celebrity6/22/2012Wayne
  Q: My sister owns a 1988 Chev Celebrity. With 2.8 V6. Has been converted to R134a. I need to check her ...
  A: A retrofitted car like that with the original orifice tube will have slightly higher high side and ...
air cond. filter/dryer6/21/2012Wayne
  Q: is there a diagosis for air cond. dryer/filter being bad, or should it be changed when compressor ...
  A: Theoretically if a system has never been compromised by failure or exposure to ambient atmosphere ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Auto Air Conditioning & Heater Repair

Wayne

Top Expert on this page