Auto Air Conditioning & Heater Repair/Audi a4 2003 aircon not blowing cold when very hot

Hi my car aircon does not blow very cold when it is very hot outside. When the temperature is above 27 degrees Celsius it blows out lukewarm air. I had a problem with my compressor and replaced it but now this is happening. Should I replace my condensor and drier as well or what could the problem be?

I wouldn't replace anything else until you are sure the system has gas and the compressor is engaged.
If you are sure it has gas and enough of it, start the engine engage the a/c then lift the bonnet.
Find the two a/c aluminium hoses on the upper wing.
These are on the drivers side ( RHD) One should be noticeably colder than the other.
If it isn't one of three things is a problem.
No gas, no power to the system or a restriction caused by  debris from the last compressor failure.
Could you carry out a temperature test of the two pipes and let me know the outcome then I can help you further.

Auto Air Conditioning & Heater Repair

Paul Evans/

Any question related to the function or malfunction of vehicle air conditioning excluding model specific problems with the heater controls. We are a UK based company and are unlikely to be familiar with the exact make and model of American vehicles. We will always at least try to guide the owner towards what the problem is likely to be in this instance We may struggle with none specific electrical issues related to the a/c without seeing it but it is likely we could narrow the problem down

Director specialising predominantly in UK vehicles, fleet, rare and collectables. Although all a/c works on the same principal US vehicles have different controls and electrics. 12 years experience automotive and aircraft air conditioning. This is our sole source of revenue, we see lots of a/c issues that we are able to diagnose accurately mainly down to experience. UK have garages caught on to a potential revenue stream within the last few years but sometimes struggle with the problems as they don't see the issues that be fair they could get their own back and ask me to change a timing belt ! Certain vehicles have known issues, we can help with that and also anything that is obvious to us but not necessarily to the bamboozled owner....... a/c is relatively new here and owners are catching on to maintenance but are sometimes still misguided by inexperienced individuals a bit timid to say' I don't really know

Federation of Small Businesses IMI

Daily Telegraph/ Motoring/Honest John Cool Profits Smartimes

IMI MACS F Gas Assessor & Trainer City & Guilds D32/34 Assessor City & Guilds Automotive A/C Level 3 B Tech Automotive A/C

Certificates for all listed in educational Proof of ID with the IMI

List on application. We have an agreement with our major customers not to disclose without consent