Auto Air Conditioning & Heater Repair/Fan resistor

On the current Isuzu models the fan resistor is a printed circuit situated next to the blower.
The replacement cost is R570 and they do not last long due to corrosion.
Is there not a cheaper replacement option?
In the old days resistors were a coil which lasted indefinitely.

My only experience of all the current Isuzu models is that there is little alternative but to seek dealer advice.
However, in this particular case it may be worth consulting a reputable electronics engineer who may be able to isolate the problem on the board and rectify it it at a fraction of the cost.
Hope this helps  

Auto Air Conditioning & Heater Repair

Paul Evans/

Any question related to the function or malfunction of vehicle air conditioning excluding model specific problems with the heater controls. We are a UK based company and are unlikely to be familiar with the exact make and model of American vehicles. We will always at least try to guide the owner towards what the problem is likely to be in this instance We may struggle with none specific electrical issues related to the a/c without seeing it but it is likely we could narrow the problem down

Director specialising predominantly in UK vehicles, fleet, rare and collectables. Although all a/c works on the same principal US vehicles have different controls and electrics. 12 years experience automotive and aircraft air conditioning. This is our sole source of revenue, we see lots of a/c issues that we are able to diagnose accurately mainly down to experience. UK have garages caught on to a potential revenue stream within the last few years but sometimes struggle with the problems as they don't see the issues that be fair they could get their own back and ask me to change a timing belt ! Certain vehicles have known issues, we can help with that and also anything that is obvious to us but not necessarily to the bamboozled owner....... a/c is relatively new here and owners are catching on to maintenance but are sometimes still misguided by inexperienced individuals a bit timid to say' I don't really know

Federation of Small Businesses IMI

Daily Telegraph/ Motoring/Honest John Cool Profits Smartimes

IMI MACS F Gas Assessor & Trainer City & Guilds D32/34 Assessor City & Guilds Automotive A/C Level 3 B Tech Automotive A/C

Certificates for all listed in educational Proof of ID with the IMI

List on application. We have an agreement with our major customers not to disclose without consent